Make it to 10,000
One way to tell is if the Spear is the meta for TTs on a CT but the turns are very tight on Spear. In any normal Nintendo track, it's either Spear with very light turns or you're gonna be using the Flame Runner/Mach Bike.

Although for me, CTs are mostly just a way for me to not play RTs every once in a while. I don't care much about the theme or authenticity. I used to love the modern 2020s style of CTs (like Amanita Abyss, Area 64, Vile Isle, etc.) but now I think it's incredibly boring
(05-02-2024, 03:29 PM)Wapeach Wrote: I am amazed this domain works again! xD
Nostalgia from 16 years ago had me curious. This username is not what I went by for years online, but figured it would be most familiar lol.

Welcome to the forums
I wonder how I missed that post
(05-02-2024, 02:48 PM)Vega Wrote: Most CTs are garb tbh. Any untrained eye can tell they do not look authentic (in the sense that would appear to be made from the MKW course devs/artists).

There is 2 good CTs that do look legit, can't remember the track names though.

CTs were THE reason I became interested in mkw again as an adult. There are many that I enjoyed even if they don't resemble RTs. I'm now severely out of the loop since I haven't played in about two years I'd say, but I really didn't (and don't) think authenticity is the among the things a CT should absolutely have in order to not be garbo
My username is in Scottish Gaelic. If you speak that language, please tell me how to pronounce it properly.

The best source I've got so far is this: https://learngaelic.scot/dictionary/inde...word=false
GARBO!
(12-31-2017, 02:17 AM)Cealgair Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 05:01 AM)Vega Wrote: Most CTs are garb tbh. Any untrained eye can tell they do not look authentic (in the sense that would appear to be made from the MKW course devs/artists).

CTs were THE reason I became interested in mkw again as an adult. There are many that I enjoyed even if they don't resemble RTs. I'm now severely out of the loop since I haven't played in about two years I'd say, but I really didn't (and don't) think authenticity is the among the things a CT should absolutely have in order to not be garbo

Yeah, agreed. Authenticity isn't required for a track to be good. If anything, it can make it more original. But Vega is a boomer (hence why he hates the Switch) so it's not surprising he disagrees. Anyone think he should go to a retirement home soon?
To the retirement home with gen 1 Pokémon only
My username is in Scottish Gaelic. If you speak that language, please tell me how to pronounce it properly.

The best source I've got so far is this: https://learngaelic.scot/dictionary/inde...word=false
(05-03-2024, 02:50 AM)Fifty Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 02:17 AM)Cealgair Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 05:01 AM)Vega Wrote: Most CTs are garb tbh. Any untrained eye can tell they do not look authentic (in the sense that would appear to be made from the MKW course devs/artists).

CTs were THE reason I became interested in mkw again as an adult. There are many that I enjoyed even if they don't resemble RTs. I'm now severely out of the loop since I haven't played in about two years I'd say, but I really didn't (and don't) think authenticity is the among the things a CT  should absolutely have in order to not be garbo

Yeah, agreed. Authenticity isn't required for a track to be good. If anything, it can make it more original. But Vega is a boomer (hence why he hates the Switch) so it's not surprising he disagrees. Anyone think he should go to a retirement home soon?

That's right. I'm the Boomer's favorite Boomer.
Vega is definitely senile now. He quoted a post from 2017 and another from 2021
(05-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Vega Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 03:29 PM)Wapeach Wrote: I am amazed this domain works again! xD
Nostalgia from 16 years ago had me curious. This username is not what I went by for years online, but figured it would be most familiar lol.

Welcome to the forums
Thank you for verifying.  Smile
(05-02-2024, 08:20 PM)Fifty Wrote: I wonder how I missed that post
I think it's because it was the end of the page, no problem.
(05-02-2024, 09:51 PM)Cealgair Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 02:48 PM)Vega Wrote: Most CTs are garb tbh. Any untrained eye can tell they do not look authentic (in the sense that would appear to be made from the MKW course devs/artists).

CTs were THE reason I became interested in mkw again as an adult. There are many that I enjoyed even if they don't resemble RTs. I'm now severely out of the loop since I haven't played in about two years I'd say, but I really didn't (and don't) think authenticity is the among the things a CT  should absolutely have in order to not be garbo
CTGP was very generous, it definitely helped to still play mkw for so long. But now it's so long I imagine not many play online anymore.
I noticed the levels getting more creative and better back when I last played around 2020. Also there was CTGP time trials, so cool.
I miss it again.