Code Request - Don't freeze when using Bullet Bill on battle mode
Well, the title is self-explanatory. When you use a bullet bill on battle mode, the game instantly freezes (this only happens on console). It would be nice to have an "Anti-Freeze code" for this, so you can't accidentally crash the game when using item cheats on battles (you have no idea how many times this has happened to me lol). Thanks!
Hmm, this could either be a simple nop or very complicated re-write. The reason why the game crashes in battle is cause there isn't an item path for the bullet bill to follow. So, if we could all together remove the bullet bill's requirement for a path, it would fix the crash but, would need to have the "fully controllable" bullet codes and other sorts.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
It's not a simple nop, and also probably not that complicated of a rewrite. I think there's already a code out there that does this but idk
(02-10-2021, 11:56 PM)Seeky Wrote: It's not a simple nop, and also probably not that complicated of a rewrite. I think there's already a code out there that does this but idk
When I said Complicated Rewrite I meant rather someone would need to fix the crash which might be annoying.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
That feature is actually already included in the Wiimmfi payload. 

You could implement that yourself by patching the KMP_GetITPT function (PAL 80514d3c), and whenever that would return 0, make it return a pointer to a pointer to a dummy ITPT in memory that just points to 0,0,0. You just need to watch our that that doesn't conflict with Wiimmfi's patch if you're planning to do that online.
(02-17-2021, 08:26 PM)Leseratte10 Wrote: That feature is actually already included in the Wiimmfi payload. 

You could implement that yourself by patching the KMP_GetITPT function (PAL 80514d3c), and whenever that would return 0, make it return a pointer to a pointer to a dummy ITPT in memory that just points to 0,0,0. You just need to watch our that that doesn't conflict with Wiimmfi's patch if you're planning to do that online.
Thanks. And I didn't know that it was included in the Wiimmfi payload! That's cool!