Make it to 10,000
Is there anything I need to know about
My username is in Scottish Gaelic. If you speak that language, please tell me how to pronounce it properly.

The best source I've got so far is this: https://learngaelic.scot/dictionary/inde...word=false
Possibly
How does tipping work in the US?
My username is in Scottish Gaelic. If you speak that language, please tell me how to pronounce it properly.

The best source I've got so far is this: https://learngaelic.scot/dictionary/inde...word=false
You mean sending information to the government/police or giving someone money for their work?
(03-07-2024, 11:31 AM)Cealgair Wrote: How does tipping work in the US?

It "works" by you subsidizing the workers' wages because the Capitalists refuses to pay them a decent wage.

It's absolutely silly. I wish it would just go away. Just raise the prices of the food accordingly and get it over with.

It's also an old-white-man-boomer tradition where Rick thinks if he tips the hot waitress an extra buck, he might get her number.

Afaik, the tipping culture started decades ago when you would tip while waiting in line to get moved up past the line. The more you tip, the more chance you have moving up the line and getting serviced. Ofc, that's not what it is used for anymore.

Either way, it's a stupid concept that needs to go.

We've now gotten to the point where Subway and McD are asking for tips and where workers will get mad at you (at these places) for not tipping. Which makes no sense. Don't blame the customer, blame the Capitalist.
Thanks for your 2 cents
Where's my tip?
Battery brides
(03-08-2024, 04:59 PM)Vega Wrote: It's also an old-white-man-boomer tradition where Rick thinks if he tips the hot waitress an extra buck, he might get her number.

I had already heard everything else in your message, but not this. What the fuck is this.

(also wow this forum does not censor fuck but it does censor the word that starts with v and ends in -aguely. Huh.)

I call it Lottery Ticket Mentality. Due to the past success (not current) of the "American Dream", most Americans still believe they can get the unobtainable. This is also a side effect of Rick's view on private property and the side effects of a past patriarchy. Rick feels because he is American "successful" man, he is owed a woman.

Americans in general have extreme views on Private Property, to the point where many of them still believe they can own people as a "lite" form of property, whether that's openly violating labor laws, or "owning" their partner (i.e wife).

I'm sure many will disagree with me on this view.

So enough of that rant, I'm not sure why I've never censored the F word. Maybe the reasoning was it would be too annoying for some members to deal with. That V word gets accidentally banned because a different obvious V word is banned.