Dolphin, ugh
EDIT: Got all codes to work on Dolphin. I did this..
1. Launch Dolphin
2. Find the Icon Picture at the top that says 'Graphics'. Click on it to open Graphics settings.
3. Go to the Hacks Tab. 
4. Underneath External Frame Buffer settings, be sure the box for "Store XFB Copies to Texture Only" is unchecked.
5. Save settings. Reboot Dolphin

I was working on a new code that if the requirements were met, it would write 0x38A00000 to address 0x80523C40 (NTSC-K millisecond display modifier address).

I have used this sort of 'alert/monitor' system in many codes before. On my new code, I ran it under Dolphin. Was not working at all. I checked every ASM instruction, everything was written correctly. Wrote another version, got nothing. I then took my Item Box Count Record code (which I only tested on a Wii console), and yep, it would NOT work on Dolphin.

Basically, to anyone, if you make a code and it's not working under Dolphin. Try it on a Wii Console before giving up and thinking the code is no good... 

I have no idea why certain things don't work on Dolphin... Initially, we all know the controller lines (gecko type; 2833/2384XXXX YYYYZZZZ), do not work. But to see certain plain ASM codes not work... it's ridiculous.

If you are using a code to that implements the Millisecond Modifier address within the ASM, it will obviously not work. 

I don't have the motivation to go back to older codes and retest them all on Dolphin... Much more efficient to write up this thread as a warning to Dolphin users/code creators.
(11-15-2018, 10:01 PM)Vega Wrote: I was working on a new code that if the requirements were met, it would write 0x38A00000 to address 0x80523C40 (NTSC-K millisecond display modifier address).

I have used this sort of 'alert/monitor' system in many codes before. On my new code, I ran it under Dolphin. Was not working at all. I checked every ASM instruction, everything was written correctly. Wrote another version, got nothing. I then took my Item Box Count Record code (which I only tested on a Wii console), and yep, it would NOT work on Dolphin.

Basically, to anyone, if you make a code and it's not working under Dolphin. Try it on a Wii Console before giving up and thinking the code is no good... 

I have no idea why certain things don't work on Dolphin... Initially, we all know the controller lines (gecko type; 2833/2384XXXX YYYYZZZZ), do not work. But to see certain plain ASM codes not work... it's ridiculous.

If you are using a code to that implements the Millisecond Modifier address within the ASM, it will obviously not work. 

I don't have the motivation to go back to older codes and retest them all on Dolphin... Much more efficient to write up this thread as a warning to Dolphin users/code creators.

Have you tried it in Interpreter Mode? Many ASM codes do not function properly on Dolphin unless you use this, although the game goes really slow
(11-22-2018, 08:57 PM)Atlas Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 10:01 PM)Vega Wrote: I was working on a new code that if the requirements were met, it would write 0x38A00000 to address 0x80523C40 (NTSC-K millisecond display modifier address).

Have you tried it in Interpreter Mode? Many ASM codes do not function properly on Dolphin unless you use this, although the game goes really slow

Most ASM Codes work. It's whenever I make an ASM code that stores a word to a mem location which effects the Millisecond Display value that doesn't work. I run codes on Dolphin via Wiimm's Main Dol GCT Patching. Afaik, his tools use the VBI Hook. Good idea though, I guess I'll try it out.