About Region ID's
NEW DISCOVERY

Last night I was bored and doing some ascii searches on the game's memory. 

At Base Address 8028AF09 (NTSC-K/RMCK01 version of MKW), starts the ascii string 'CN'. This is next to US, ER, JP, and KR. Those abbreviations are for the 4 disc regions. If you had read the original post above, you will know that each system menu has a corresponding disc region it reads.

0 (Japan disc region for Japanese system menu)
1 (American disc region for American system menu)
2 (Euro/PAL disc region for PAL system menu)
4 (Korean disc region for Korean system menu)

I speculated in the past that due to deductive logic, there was a S.Chinese MKW Disc, Wii Console, Mii Channel for the Console, and a 'China' disc region number for the S.Chinese MKW Disc so that the S.Chinese Wii System Menu could read the disc. 

And my predictions are correct. The CN comes right after the 4 other disc region abbreviations (which the disc region abbreviations come after the Console Area abbreviations). Obviously this shows that there was a 5th Disc Region for China. Thus, this proves there was a S.Chinese Wii System Menu which proves there was a S.Chinese Wii Console. And since the 9th ranked LC China player had a S.Chinese name which the symbols can't be read by the normal or Korean Mii Channel, we know 100% there was a unique S.Chinese Mii Channel created for the Console.

Probably why nobody knew about this China disc region because Region Changer applications and other setting.txt modifer programs only allowed you to choose between the 4 standard disc regions. 

Well anyway, now we have proof. Most likely the disc region number for China is 5 (1 above Korea since it's mkw region ID is also 1 above Korea's).

Discovered by me on Aug 8, 2018. Keep in mind, this was super easy to find. Somebody else probably already discovered this Base Address info. Please let me know if this is the case.

Messages In This Thread
About Region ID's - by Vega - 02-14-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: About Region ID's - by Vega - 08-10-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: About Region ID's - by FancyWheelies - 02-23-2019, 05:00 AM
RE: About Region ID's - by Vega - 11-04-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: About Region ID's - by Ragemodepigeon - 05-11-2023, 05:45 PM