Request: f_itembox never respawns
I'm working on an update for the Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack For Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode, a mod that recreated the Missions from Mario Kart DS. I asked about something for it here previously and the matter is now resolved! But I'm hoping to fix another issue.

An issue with the previous version of this mod was how easy moving itembox missions were. In Mario Kart DS, there's a few missions where you had to chase moving itemboxes and go through all of them to complete the mission. These type of missions were able to be recreated within MKW mission mode, but it's way too easy.

Moving Itemboxes are the KMP Object "f_itembox". They work as far as getting points for going through them, but they make the mission way too easy since they respawn way too fast and the player can just wait for them. There's no setting in the KMP that controls the respawn time for them.

Is it possible to create a code that would prevent this type of itembox from respawning once they've been collected? Other than this issue, this type of mission can be perfectly recreated. Any help would be appreciated!
I’m pretty sure there is a code that edits the respawn times of item boxes in general. What you could probably do is have the game check to see what mission you are doing and to edit the respawn time of all item boxes if you are in a level based around item box collection.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(07-07-2024, 02:03 PM)Zeraora Wrote: I’m pretty sure there is a code that edits the respawn times of item boxes in general. What you could probably do is have the game check to see what mission you are doing and to edit the respawn time of all item boxes if you are in a level based around item box collection.

Hey, do you have a link to the code you're talking about? I looked all over but I couldn't find anything.
My apologies, I remember seeing a code for instantly respawning item boxes and kinda assumed that it was a timer based code. The code I was thinking of simply nops, the function for the item boxes respawn timer to start. You might be able to follow the code trail to find where the respawn timer is located though!
Instant Item Boxes [Anarion] - https://mariokartwii.com/showthread.php?tid=168
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(07-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Zeraora Wrote: My apologies, I remember seeing a code for instantly respawning item boxes and kinda assumed that it was a timer based code. The code I was thinking of simply nops, the function for the item boxes respawn timer to start. You might be able to follow the code trail to find where the respawn timer is located though!
Instant Item Boxes [Anarion] - https://mariokartwii.com/showthread.php?tid=168

I tested a lot of things with this code in memory but I couldn't keep the boxes from respawning. But thanks anyway!
Anarions Code works by nopping out the instruction that wirtes an "Inactive" state as value 0 to memory. If the box is not marked as inactive, it will instantly respawn.

However, testing a little bit I found the respawn timers of the boxes. They are next to the active/inactive state of the boxes. I will post a code to change the Item Box respawn timer next days.
Posted the code here.
I posted my new code too, in case someone wants to set a custom timer for all types of itemboxes.