Waltress (PPC Assembler)
Version 0.9 has been released!

Updates~
  • Lifted more IMM restrictions off many instructions
  • Fixed a tiny bug in the disassembler when it came to deciphering crclr vs crxor instruction
  • On previous version, I thought I fixed the "junk name-only" bug. Apparently I didn't, so now it's actually fixed.

Author's Note:
We've come a long way since the first ever release. I would say Waltress is a somewhat usable Gecko/PPC Assembler now. The only items left to complete are assembler directives, register alias capabilities, and lifting some of the branch label restrictions/bugs. After that, Waltress can compete (and would be better) than any other Gecko/PPC Assembler.

However, I am personally worn out of this project. Due to the handwritten nature of Waltress via Assembly and my lack of competence, I've got into some technical debt. Basically that means, code cleanup and optimization (not needed tbh), would be a pain to complete. Not only that, implementing Assembler Directives would be quite the task to do in handwritten Assembly.

In conclusion. I am basically done with this project. If more bugs get reported, I will still fix those. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 07-04-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Unnamed - 01-12-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 01-12-2024, 07:56 PM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 01-19-2024, 01:59 AM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 02-14-2024, 10:34 PM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 03-18-2024, 11:33 PM
RE: Waltress (PPC Assembler) - by Vega - 03-25-2024, 12:44 AM