Coding Questions and other Quandaries
On post #80 you mentioned about your cheat file being corrupted. I can't think of a way of how that is possible. Dolphin takes the codes from the Cheat Manager, makes a GCT with it, and dumps it to memory.

---

I just thought you were trying Gecko code types before trying an ASM approach. You are learning really fast. Much faster than me when I had to learn all this Assembly stuff. It took me ages to understand the basics like branches (lmao). In short time, you will be better than me at making ASM codes.

--

In regards to your pointer question. If you set/create the pointer via Gecko code types, the pointer can remain intact between separate codes if PO is not reset. If you set/create the pointer via ASM, you will have to use something like EVA to be able to reference that pointer in a separate code.

--

On your grenade code, -1 is within the 16 bit signed range. Therefore you don't need lis & ori.

cmpwi r31, -1

--

It's awesome to see you tackle all these different Wii and GC games. That motivates my lazy ass to make codes again, lul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coding Questions and other Quandaries - by Vega - 01-03-2022, 03:10 PM