Structure and Class Documentation
Quote:You would have to write additional code to enforce strict alignment for structs in C too.
I was referring to the type & name being on separate lines, any aligmnent needed is achievable with padding fields in the same way for both katai and C++
Quote:You would need to compile a custom parser anyway, how is that different?
I'm talking in the context of custom C++ code running inside the game, you don't need a custom parser to read a field of a struct (and would a katai parser even have a way to write back to these structs in RAM, or handle things like method calls?)

If I was writing a custom memory parser then, sure, katai might be a good choice, but that was never my intention, I wanted to document the game for code mods, either as a reference for assembly modding or as something that could be cleaned up into c/c++ headers for modding in those languages. mkw-structures is a pretty dead project at this point anyway, I've moved on from mkw modding (got sick to death of the wider community, but I do stick around in some places to help people) and the other main contributor, stebler, moved their focus to their ghidra repo + riidefi's decomp

Messages In This Thread
Structure and Class Documentation - by Seeky - 05-07-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: Structure and Class Documentation - by Seeky - 12-24-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Structure and Class Documentation - by Seeky - 12-24-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Structure and Class Documentation - by Seeky - 12-24-2021, 06:44 PM