DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 NTSC Unlocking hidden music slots
Music 
Hey so I've been working on a mod for BT3 on Wii which is coming together really nicely. One of the features that'll be part of it is adding 43 new music slots to be selected before a battle or in the BGM Test menu which I've figured out how to achieve however there is a problem. So basically Sparking! Meteor which is the JP version of BT3 has 4 songs in the game which can be unlocked through the story mode making a total of 24 tracks in that version. The NTSC/PAL version which have their own soundtrack only have 20 tracks in the game and so there wasn't any need to mess with the code for locked music. Now the problem here is that the locking functionality is still carried over for all the hidden slots past track 20 in BT3 which means my mod for unlocking and adding extra music won't work because it'll show the "???" text over the song (meaning locked). 

After a while of banging rocks together, I've isolated some hex values in the save game file that determines the locked state of majority of the tracks however there are still a total of 10 locked. I should also clarify that the maximum additional slots you can add is 43 as far as I'm aware, so I really want to be able to unlock these last slots to get the most of this mod. Also someone has already made this mod for the PS2 version who helped me figure out how to port it to Wii however he told me he doesn't have a code to unlock the hidden slots on Wii.

[Image: image.png]

The values at C30 00-03 are the ones that can unlock majority of the slots. What I've noticed is each individual 'F' is able to unlock 4 tracks at a time in sections however the reason I put a 'B' in there was due to the fact that going above corrupts the data. Also on a blank save file, I can't even use 'BF' cause that also corrupts the save so this is dependant on other parts of the save file which is a headache. (btw I'm new to hex editing and this stuff so cut me some slack if what I'm doing makes no logical sense)
So now I'm kinda at a dead end, can someone help me figure out how to make a Gecko or Action Replay code to do this or to find the rest of the hex values? I saw this https://mariokartwii.com/nonmkwcodes/dbz...ything.txt code that was able to unlock everything on both Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and also Sparking! Meteor (except the 4 unlockable tracks in SM since obviously it wasn't made for that game in the first place) so maybe its possible to get it to also unlock the music slots.

The current locked track slots with my save file are songs 29-35, 59, 61-63 for a total of 10 slots locked as stated above.
My save file and mod patch with instructions is provided below.
Here's a little demo of how this mod is going to work and look if I'm able to unlock the other 10 tracks:

Messages In This Thread
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 NTSC Unlocking hidden music slots - by Seedonator - 06-18-2023, 07:26 PM