[Request] Random Track Music
(08-07-2021, 05:06 AM)Yuri Bacon Wrote: This is awesome! I don't know how to compile ASM tho, so I'll be patient for when you release it, however long it takes.

There are four different programs to compile PPC ASM to Wii Gecko Codes
  • PyiiASMH 3
  • CodeWrite
  • PyiiASMH (legacy)
  • WiiRD GUI

I think there's also a fifth that the Smashboard community uses, iirc.

Anyway, PyiiASMH3 is the most modern and has the most features - https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1529

The four fields that you need to be concerned with are the left hand box, right hand box, address, and type.

To compile:
Place the code's source into the left hand box. Some sources have a region compilation setting value that must be filled in beforehand, and/or other values that may also need to be filled in, it all depends on the particular source and how the coder/dev wrote it. Even if you don't know PPC ASM, chances are there will be instructions within the source on how to fill in said missing values.

Set the Code Type for the source (C0, C2, etc). If it's C2, you need to set the address (the hook/insertion address).

Hit the right hand arrow button and the source will compile to a Wii Gecko Code. If any error occurs, PyiiASMH3 will tell you which line(s) in the source are preventing the compilation. If it doesn't tell you the line(s), then the source was botched and/or the labels it uses (i.e. for branch instructions) were bad. If that's the case, contact the Coder/Dev who wrote the source for a fix.

To decompile:
Pretty much the opposite. Take the Gecko Code, place it in right hand box. Set it's code type. Address doesnt matter ofc because you already have it. If a Wii Gecko code has values to fill in, fill those in or else it cannot be decompiled. Hit the left hand arrow button. Code will be decompiled to a generic source.

Messages In This Thread
[Request] Random Track Music - by Yuri Bacon - 08-06-2021, 06:02 AM
RE: [Request] Random Track Music - by CLF78 - 08-06-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [Request] Random Track Music - by Yuri Bacon - 08-07-2021, 05:06 AM
RE: [Request] Random Track Music - by Vega - 08-07-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: [Request] Random Track Music - by Yuri Bacon - 08-08-2021, 04:13 AM