Lol, look at this source, Does anybody wanna optimize it?
(01-28-2020, 03:10 PM)Vega Wrote: I'm out of town for a few days without my laptop so there's not much I can do. Work will take up the bulk of my time. First I think we should try running this source on the memcpy address via standard C2 ASM code. If it works on that then we know for certain it's a code handler issue and another issue to chalk down with C0 codetype.

We could... rewrite the Gecko code handler and get rid of all bugs with C0 and F6 codes. Plus get rid of unused stuff. The only problem is we need the dev of USB loader gx (cyan on gbatemp iirc) to update the code handler in the next version update or add our modified one as an option in ocarina. Hell, at that point we could write a new code handler from scratch, one made just for mkwii.
I think it's a project worth taking up. I don't know why people haven't tried to fix it sooner Tongue I think if we cleaned up the code handler, got rid of the unused codetypes (like you said), and added a way (which I have some ideas) to have HUUUGE code space, I think a lot of people would be thankful/happy. Ofc we would use the one found in Dolphin as a base to work from since it seems to be the least buggy.

Also, for any code types that edit instructions/memory mid game (00, 02, 04, 06, 08, so on) we would have it properly update the cache. Because when I was using the Wiimm's SZS Tools codehandler in a modified DOL on Dolphin, the instructions weren't working properly and it was very frustrating lol.
Super Mario Eclipse, what Super Mario Sunshine could've been.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lol, look at this source, Does anybody wanna optimize it? - by JoshuaMK - 01-28-2020, 07:48 PM