Need Help With Battle Code
I'm looking for someone to fix this code made by Ro (he gave me permission to post it here). This code turns the team mode into FFA mode, but it has some bugs. I'm not sure if this is all I need to share, but here's the code:

NTSC-U:
C252BA24 00000002
38E00000 90FF0B90
911F00F4 00000000

Here are the bugs I found when testing the code:
-You start at the same spot as someone else
-You don't lose points from hitting yourself when you have 1 balloon left
-It still shows team results, and the results screen is really messed up

Ro also has a "get points from hitting teammates" code but it crashes on console. If you want to see that code, I can post it here.

Help would be very appreciated!
Alright, So what that code does is that it removes team invulnerability. Not turning the entire battle mode into FFA. Because of that, the game gets put into a limbo of where certain things are meant to operate based on a team aspect. Stuff like leaderboards, scoring, and in this case, spawn systems, are meant to set up in a team fashion. Since the code skips all of that, it won't work in the way you have in mind. I know that in minigame.kmg (is that the file format I forgor) there is some unused params for hitting a "teammate" and getting hit by one respectively.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(03-14-2022, 07:57 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote: Alright, So what that code does is that it removes team invulnerability. Not turning the entire battle mode into FFA. Because of that, the game gets put into a limbo of where certain things are meant to operate based on a team aspect. Stuff like leaderboards, scoring, and in this case, spawn systems, are meant to set up in a team fashion. Since the code skips all of that, it won't work in the way you have in mind. I know that in minigame.kmg (is that the file format I forgor) there is some unused params for hitting a "teammate" and getting hit by one respectively.

Do you think setting all 12 players to the same team could work?
(03-14-2022, 08:01 PM)Zeem Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 07:57 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote: Alright, So what that code does is that it removes team invulnerability. Not turning the entire battle mode into FFA. Because of that, the game gets put into a limbo of where certain things are meant to operate based on a team aspect. Stuff like leaderboards, scoring, and in this case, spawn systems, are meant to set up in a team fashion. Since the code skips all of that, it won't work in the way you have in mind. I know that in minigame.kmg (is that the file format I forgor) there is some unused params for hitting a "teammate" and getting hit by one respectively.

I wouldn't think so, Cuz you'd still be scoring for the "team". Everyone would get winning music.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(03-14-2022, 08:07 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:01 PM)Zeem Wrote:

I wouldn't think so, Cuz you'd still be scoring for the "team". Everyone would get winning music.

I don't mind if the results music is off or if the game thinks everyone wins. The BR system would work like how it should for FFA, and frooms would work as planned.
Just a clarification, the code I did is unstable and definitely not the way to go. I disabled the team mode flag and then set the teams to red. I have made a separated code to disable all team 'invincibility' stuff, while keeping teams working perfectly fine, but the only problem is the points, which crash on Wii (I checked for my player to not run the code to give points on hit, since it affects me). Works perfectly on Dolphin but not on Wii
(03-14-2022, 08:23 PM)_Ro Wrote: Just a clarification, the code I did is unstable and definitely not the way to go. I disabled the team mode flag and then set the teams to red. I have made a separated code to disable all team 'invincibility' stuff, while keeping teams working perfectly fine, but the only problem is the points, which crash on Wii (I checked for my player to not run the code to give points on hit, since it affects me). Works perfectly on Dolphin but not on Wii

To resolve the crash on the Wii, you could try out my V-Report - https://mariokartwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1898

It's not 'production ready' at all so use it with a 'grain of salt'. Fyi if you have to run it a 2nd+ time, be sure to remove the original file that was dumped to NAND beforehand.
Thanks for the info, will try sometime soon
I won't start another thread for this but can someone make a code that puts and displays all the players on the same team?