Copying a value and putting it in another one with a single cheat code
Hey, i'm making cheat codes for PAL version of BIT.TRIP COMPLETE and i'm making a cheat code for the Runner game that changes how many coins you have.
The problem is that when you exceed the required number of coins, it won't give any bonus.

What i want to do is getting the value of required coins, then copy that value to the value of how many coins you have, in a single cheat code.
That simply can't be answered with "here just do this.."

How much Wii coding experience do you have?

Do you know any PowerPC Assembly?

How familiar are you with the Geckocode Documentation?

It would help to know how experienced you are. Thank you for joining the forums!
(01-01-2021, 09:32 PM)Vega Wrote: That simply can't be answered with "here just do this.."

How much Wii coding experience do you have?

Do you know any PowerPC Assembly?

How familiar are you with the Geckocode Documentation?

It would help to know how experienced you are. Thank you for joining the forums!

1. I'm learning Wii coding
2. I don't know PPC Assembly
3. I'm learning Geckocode making too.

I hope i can help in the future.
Thread moved to appropriate sub-forum.

Back on topic: I don't think anyone here has the bit trip game.

If you are learning Wii coding, you will need a Debugger. That is Dolphin Emulation (and you'll need Dolphin-memory-engine). Read up on some of the basic coding & ASM tutorials here. The code you are wanting would seems easy to make, seems like a simple value to find in memory and manipulate it.
(01-01-2021, 11:41 PM)Vega Wrote: Back on topic: I don't think anyone here has the bit trip game.

A lot of people do, and if you don't know what it is, it's literally the 6 BIT.TRIP games in one disc.
I've never heard of the game before this thread was made. I had to look up what it was (lol).

Most of the members here work on the most known/popular Mario-based games. If any coder/dev here does have the bit.trip game you are referring to, hopefully they see this thread and can help out.

Idk if you have Dolphin (with the memory-engine) already. If not, get it installed on your computer and read the following threads..
https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=434
https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=830
https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=940

This will get your coding skills up enough to work on basic ASM and gecko codes. Which should enough for the type of code you want.
If it is to the same address, then it should be as simple as a controller activator type layout. If I know/remember how you can do this, it would be something like this:
C2xxxxxx xxxxxxxx
start Address here
2380yyyy zzzzxxxx
Changed Address
E0000000 8008000
However, I am not as confident with asm to the point where this is most definitely wrong. Read up on the threads Vega provide. READ EVERY PART. You will not learn anything by skimming. I understand that it can be long and unmotivating but, if you truly want to code, this is the way.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Basically, i can use 288F3602 00000100 so it can be possible to get all coins with 2 button.

I used to search how to make it so when you do nothing at all it just gives you the coins, but i don't know if we can.
(01-02-2021, 11:11 PM)0xVG Wrote: Basically, i can use 288F3602 00000100 so it can be possible to get all coins with 2 button.

Ah, you're using a 16-bit if statement on a spot in memory. Luckily it seems that isn't dynamic memory for the bittrip game or else it wouldn't work at all. 

(01-02-2021, 11:11 PM)0xVG Wrote: I used to search how to make it so when you do nothing at all it just gives you the coins, but i don't know if we can.

You definitely can. Most likely a simple Read Breakpoint will show the instruction in Static Memory that's responsible for constantly reading the coin value. Modify the instruction with some ASM and it will work. Every time the game runs that instruction, it is now modified and will update the coins without you having to press any button.

Obviously, this is all foreign language to you as of now. Like NinjaKing said, read up on those threads. It's just a small price of time to pay to become a decent Wii Code Creator.