NinjaWFC
Hello! My name is TheNinjaKingOW, and today I would like to discuss what is NinjaWFC.

What is NinjaWFC?

NinjaWFC is a DWC Wii Server meant to replicate the old play style of NintendoWFC. The server is meant to be a 24/7 replacement for the now dead AltWFC however, will probably never reach the same standards.

Wow, NinjaWFC sounds cool, is there anything important I need to know?

NinjaWFC is not, and will not be as secure as something like Wiimmfi (which in itself isn't even as secure). On DWC servers like NewWFC and NinjaWFC, it is way easier for hackers to run unintended code onto other wiis, and steal information. The best way to prevent this is thru the use of cheat codes.

When does development of this server start? When will it be publicly released?

Development of the Webpage has already started however, no server work has been done. Development is likely to start this week (12-19-2020/12-26-2020). The server will be publicly released when NinjaKing finishes all private testing.

How can I help?

NinjaKing is looking for people who can help secure the server's security. While stuff like this may be challenging on a DWC server, it is needed to keep it's users information secure. NinjaKing might also need help with the server itself.

I have a question that isn't listed in this article.

You can comment your question below and NinjaKing might respond in the following hours. If you want an immediate response, you can message him on Discord (NinjaKing#2527).
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
dame tu beta
(12-23-2020, 02:03 PM)FancyWheelies Wrote: dame tu beta
The Beta will be released to trusted users on my discord server (discord.gg/QbCzzJv). Most people above the advanced level on this site are trusted users in my book so I will be giving them access.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
[Image: New_Project_10.png]
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
UPDATE! I will be learning python this year, me and Ian47vr have intention on updating the old DWC_Emulator script to Python3. I will be calling them "Ian and Ninja's DWC Tools". Dev work will start around Mid 2021.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
gl on working on it
Discord: Alina.#6309
Twitter: @RMCW01

[Image: Screenshot_2021-02-15_184623.png]
(12-27-2020, 07:34 AM)Jeffy/Wrath Wrote: gl on working on it
Thanks lul, I won't be working on it anytime soon but, NinjaWFC will have a server up soon. Rn as long you either have a role above advanced, or are a trusted friend of mine, I will allow access to the server. Only reason why I have this in place is to prevent any issues with security shit. I want to make sure that the server is kept safe till I update the code. So, stay tuned for more info.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Website' code is practically completed, mainly just a basic way of viewing player logs and news. I plan on getting an actual server release soon, just got busy so...
Also, My first course of action once I get the server up is fixing SQL Injection. It is a serious threat and must be fixed!
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(01-18-2021, 06:38 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote: Website' code is practically completed, mainly just a basic way of viewing player logs and news. I plan on getting an actual server release soon, just got busy so...
Also, My first course of action once I get the server up is fixing SQL Injection. It is a serious threat and must be fixed!

Ideally SQL injection is not something you should be dealing with personally. If you use a proper sql library then it should take care of it for you. What libraries are available to you depends on the language you're using of course.
(01-18-2021, 07:13 PM)WhatisLoaf Wrote: Ideally SQL injection is not something you should be dealing with personally. If you use a proper sql library then it should take care of it for you. What libraries are available to you depends on the language you're using of course.
Well, for the first maybe 1-3 years of NinjaWFC's life, it will be on the old DWC_emulator. But, I have plans on doing a rewrite to it, updating the old script to python3 and fixing many of the server issues. NinjaWFC would be the first to use this updated server and the earliest I can say is Late this year, but I don't even know.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~