Track Randomizer [CLF78]
(08-07-2021, 09:01 AM)CLF78 Wrote: You need to specify
Code:
create="true"
in the file tags, because the files do not exist on the disc.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I've learned something about Riivolution today. I'll change the XML, remake the GCT, and try this out later today and see what I get.
(08-07-2021, 07:13 PM)Yuri Bacon Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 09:01 AM)CLF78 Wrote: You need to specify
Code:
create="true"
in the file tags, because the files do not exist on the disc.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I've learned something about Riivolution today. I'll change the XML, remake the GCT, and try this out later today and see what I get.

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much! This was the missing piece of the puzzle I needed. Now to see if this syncs online, which I doubt it, but it would be very funny if it did.
Can anyone confirm this code syncs online?

I tried testing with two local Wiis both running the code online in a friend room, and after many races (11 in a row), it was the same track on both systems every time. I even got went to TTs on both and keep getting the same, but did one more TT on one, put 'em both back in the froom and it still got the same track on both. I have no clue how this works, since AFAICT, the track slot is the same for both track files, and only the track slot is sent on the vote, so each side is just picking a track file at random and its just *somehow* a coincidence that it always got the same track on both for the whole thing. Both tracks were played of course, so the code is working.

I'm making a private "mystery pack" I want to play with friends in a friend room, and random tracks on each slot would be hilarious, but I just want to be sure it'll sync and not cause issue if I use it.
The UtilRandint function has a seed that is synced between consoles, so it will yield the same result most of the time.