Custom Exception Handler [Star / Riidefi]
(11-12-2020, 01:07 AM)JoshuaMK Wrote: You could also use GeckoLoader to patch your codes into the main.dol. I haven't seen anybody specifically use it on a wii game but it should work as it is designed to.

Basically patch the dol with wstrt to get the region and wiimmfi patched, and then after that patch it with your codes using GeckoLoader.

Lemme know if this works (or at least does the same as wstrt)

I am getting an error from the program. "PermissionError: [WinError5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\GeckoLoader-7.0.0\\geckoloader-build'""
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
oops lol, thanks for finding that

The fix is to add a destination path for the output, if using the cli simply add "--dest <pathtofile>.dol" and if using the GUI simply provide the path in the destination textbox
Super Mario Eclipse, what Super Mario Sunshine could've been.
(11-12-2020, 06:26 AM)JoshuaMK Wrote: oops lol, thanks for finding that

The fix is to add a destination path for the output, if using the cli simply add "--dest <pathtofile>.dol" and if using the GUI simply provide the path in the destination textbox
Is that a command prompt command? Is Geckoloader not a application?
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
I just provided you both the gui and cli ways of doing it.

The gui side of GeckoLoader has a text box with a button labeled "destination". Fill this in with the path to where you want to save your dolfile.

On the cli side of GeckoLoader, you would add option --dest in a very wszst style manner

This is an either or situation. You choose to either use the gui or use the cli
(11-12-2020, 04:35 PM)JoshuaMK Wrote: I just provided you both the gui and cli ways of doing it.

The gui side of GeckoLoader has a text box with a button labeled "destination". Fill this in with the path to where you want to save your dolfile.

On the cli side of GeckoLoader, you would add option --dest in a very wszst style manner

Oh, Thank You!
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(11-12-2020, 04:35 PM)JoshuaMK Wrote: I just provided you both the gui and cli ways of doing it.

Can this method of patching codes work on dolphin? I have had a friend test on wii and it seems to not patch or run any of the codes?
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
It works on both console and dolphin
Hello. Is it somehow possible to restart the Game at the Hearth and Safety Screen ?
I would enjoy it more bc the riivolution loading times sometimes take up to 2min