Setup Your Own Local MKW Server
UPDATE: I added in steps for those who instead want to use Nginx webserver. I also added steps to include hosting the MKW Server on the world wide web so anybody can access it.
I have plans on updating this page in the future to help fix common errors.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(12-24-2020, 04:01 AM)Vega Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 10:19 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote: That tutorial would be helpful for both NinjaWFC and NewWFC.

To be honest, there shouldn't even be any ALTWFC clones anymore. It's outdated and full of bugs. In fact, the DWC Emulator was originally made for only DS emulation. It was never meant for Wii use. Somebody or some group of devs need to rewrite an entire new source from scratch, completely unrelated to ALTWFC's code.

i will try to redo the script after i learn enough about mkwii and python, but for the time being i just have to run the dwc script
(12-27-2020, 01:20 AM)ian47vr Wrote: i will try to redo the script after i learn enough about mkwii and python, but for the time being i just have to run the dwc script
I plan on redoing the script and rewriting it to python3. I will also do a lot of script bug fixes and updates to the security of the server.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(12-27-2020, 01:28 AM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 01:20 AM)ian47vr Wrote: i will try to redo the script after i learn enough about mkwii and python, but for the time being i just have to run the dwc script
I plan on redoing the script and rewriting it to python3. I will also do a lot of script bug fixes and updates to the security of the server.

lets just work together then lol
(12-27-2020, 01:35 AM)ian47vr Wrote:

I don't plan on getting a team to work on a re-write till I need security help. I plan on re-writing the scripts to python3 alone.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(12-27-2020, 01:38 AM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 01:35 AM)ian47vr Wrote:

I don't plan on getting a team to work on a re-write till I need security help. I plan on re-writing the scripts to python3 alone.

k sounds good
(12-27-2020, 12:53 AM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote: I have plans on updating this page in the future to help fix common errors.

Hi Vega,

I followed the whole guide.  i installed debian 9 on a virtual machine.  using the browser I connect to localhost: 9001 successfully.  I use the dolphin emulator and i am using mario kart wii not patched.  I have set the DNs on the dolphin by inserting the local IP I have on debian.  when I start the connection test the test goes but nothing happens on the terminal.  If I try to connect with mario kart it gives me the error 20100. the strange thing is that the first day that I have configured all the server worked while from the second day not.  I don't know what to do anymore.
So you're trying to connect to Dolphin on the same computer that is running the MKW server, but the MKW server is in a virtual machine (not Dolphin)? You can try something like this...

Remove any custom DNS settings you have on your Wii Menu on Dolphin if you do, leave it on Auto Obtain DNS.

Regarding DNS on the computer OS, I personally use this guide - https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1184

Just replace the old ALTWFC public IP with your machine's private IP.

Another concern is making sure you have proper port forwarding on your virtual machine. That could be quite the rabbit hole to venture into to if that's the issue. Google would be your friend on that one.
(01-29-2021, 02:05 PM)Vega Wrote: Quindi stai cercando di connetterti a Dolphin sullo stesso computer che esegue il server MKW, ma il server MKW è in una macchina virtuale (non Dolphin)? Puoi provare qualcosa del genere ...

Rimuovi tutte le impostazioni DNS personalizzate che hai nel menu Wii su Dolphin, se lo fai, lascialo su Ottieni DNS automatico.

Per quanto riguarda il DNS sul sistema operativo del computer, utilizzo personalmente questa guida: https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1184

Sostituisci semplicemente il vecchio IP pubblico ALTWFC con l'IP privato della tua macchina.

Un'altra preoccupazione è assicurarti di avere un port forwarding corretto sulla tua macchina virtuale. Potrebbe essere piuttosto la tana del coniglio in cui avventurarsi se questo è il problema. Google sarebbe tuo amico su quello.
Yes . i opened the virtual machine with mk server on my pc. then on my Windows PC I opened dolphin and set the DNs to wii settings. i put virtual machine ip as primary and secondary DNs. So should I put on automatic wii DNs?