PowerPC For Dummies: A simplified guide to understanding the PowerPC Instruction Set
(06-23-2021, 04:57 PM)Seeky Wrote: "Pushes Data into a Stack frame to allow the use of Registers that normally can't be used for operations"
stwu is also often used for indexing by i in loops, I think it'd be better to just say it's stw but the resulting address is also stored to the address register

xoris isn't intended to be a copy, usually or rA, rB, rB would be used for that (with the mr instruction being a macro for that); xoris does a bitwise xor but with the immediate logically shifted left 16 bits first

I should probably mention that most of the definitions are based on the results I got from using the instructions in dolphin and in assemblers, xoris always copied one register to another, so that's what I put, I'm not sure how I could simplify the actual definition though. 

But I will definitely update the definition of "stwu". Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PowerPC For Dummies: A simplified guide to understanding the PowerPC Instruction Set - by JimmyKazakhstan - 06-23-2021, 05:59 PM