Proposal to update the forum member rankings plus some other things
Proposal to update the forum member rankings plus some other things

Some members have contacted me wanting to have the member post count rankings updated. This does make a lot of sense since due to the 'Make it to 10,000' thread, many users are going to reach the top ranking (Member: God) soon. Might as well implement more ranks to encourage posting since it will take years upon years to reach 10,000 posts in the 'Make it to 10,000' thread.

Here's a quick rough draft for the new rankings (creds to NinjaKing for the initial list)

0 - Banana - Beginner 
10 - Green Shell - Intermediate
20 - Red Shell - Advanced
40 - Shroom - Expert
80 - Blue Shell - Pro
160 - Mega - Master
320 - Star - Legend
640 - Bill - Myth
1280 - Shock - God

Every time you reach a new rank, you need double the posts for the next, pretty self explanatory

Btw, for reference, here is the current system - https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=4

NinjaKing did bring up the idea of having special privileges for users who reach the final rank. Back when i first started these forums there were some bugs for making users be placed in a new role/group automatically based on post count. Since mybb has been upgraded multiple times since then, I could go ahead and add this in. And if it doesn't work, its not a big deal for me to do it manually as long as the user doesn't mind the small wait.

Some ideas of extra privileges for the members who reach the final rank
- Bold username (or maybe the ability for each user to choose their own color?; if that's the case automation won't work as each user will need their own unique role)
- Increased Post Count limit, maybe other privileges (able to undo poll votes, etc)?

I'm open to ideas, please discuss. Thank you!

And final note: After this change, I don't plan on ever updating these again, unless a future mybb upgrade/change forces me to.

Messages In This Thread
Proposal to update the forum member rankings plus some other things - by Vega - 12-27-2020, 02:24 AM